India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: August 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0770MR
"India Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV markets, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in India over 2020-2025 will be supported by mobile voice, mobile data, fixed brodaband and pay-TV segments. Mobile voice will remain the largest revenue contributor over 2020-2025. Mobile data will grow at a CAGR of 18.3% over 2020-2025, driven by rising mobile data usage over smartphones and growing adoption of high-speed 4G services. Fixed broadband services revenues will grow at a CAGR of 6.9% over 2020-2025, driven by projected growth in the FTTH services segment, supported by ongoing efforts by government to facilitate users in the underserved areas with fiber-optic broadband connectivity.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in India.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability, and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in India will grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile service revenue will account for 80.3% of total telecom revenue in 2025, supported by operators promoting high-speed data-centric packages on the back of improving 4G coverage and growing adoption of smartphones for online content.
– 4G will represent the largest 61.1% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020, and will remain the leading technology with its subscription share reaching 83.3% by 2025, supported by ongoing investment by operators such as Vodafone Idea and Airtel in expansion of their LTE networks.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of India’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in India’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in India’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in India.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage