Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 43
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0744MR
Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Indonesia over 2019-2024 will be mainly driven by growth in mobile data, fixed voice, and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenues will grow at a CAGR of 4.7% over 2019-2024, increasing from $6.5 billion in 2019 to $8.2 billion by 2024, driven by increasing mobile Internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and data ARPU. Fixed broadband revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 14.3% over 2019-2024, to reach $4.1 billion by 2024-end, mainly supported by growth in FTTH/B subscriptions on the back of ongoing investments by operators and the government in fiber-optic infrastructure across the country.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Indonesia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during 2019-2024.
– Mobile revenue will account for 67.9% of total telecom revenue in 2024, driven by increasing mobile Internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and data ARPU.
– The top three mobile operators, Telkomsel, Indosat Ooredoo, and XL Axiata, accounted for 87.0% share of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2019. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are focusing on improving and expanding their network coverage as well as gearing up for 5G deployment.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Indonesia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Indonesia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Indonesia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
Citra Sari Makmur
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage