Vietnam Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 26
- Published: March 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0725MR
"Vietnam: Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Vietnam today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom and pay-TV services revenues, when valued in US$ terms, will decline from $7.51 billion in 2019 to $7.47 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 0.1%. However, when valued in terms of local currency, the total telecom and pay-TV revenues will increase from D172.4 trillion in 2019 to 183.5 trillion by 2024, at a CAGR of 1.3%, driven by growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data revenues will grow at the fastest CAGR of 5.9% (7.3% in D) over 2019-2024, driven by rise in data ARPS, growing consumption of mobile data services and growth in mobile Internet subscriptions. Fixed broadband revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.2% (3.6% in D) over 2019-2024, mainly supported by projected growth in FTTH/B and cable subscriptions over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Vietnam.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The total telecom and pay-TV services revenues, when valued in US$ terms, will decline from $7.51 billion in 2019 to $7.47 billion by 2024, at a CAGR of 0.1%. However, when valued in terms of local currency, the total telecom and pay-TV revenues will increase from D172.4 trillion in 2019 to 183.5 trillion by 2024.
– Mobile revenue will account for 74.2% of the total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2024, driven by rise in data ARPS, growing consumption of mobile data services and growth in mobile Internet subscriptions.
– Viettel leads Vietnam’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions, followed by Mobifone and Vinaphone. The top three mobile operators accounted for 96.2% of total mobile subscriptions in 2019.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Vietnam’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Vietnam’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Vietnam’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Vietnam.
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Competitive landscape and company snapshots (cont’d)
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage