Netherlands Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0704MR
"Netherlands Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Netherlands today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2024. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in the Netherlands over 2018-2024 will be driven by projected revenue growth in mobile data, fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments.
Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2024 driven by increasing smartphone subscriptions and improving data ARPUs. Moreover continued investments in FTTH services expansions by operators and, government-led initiatives to serve all households in the country, will stimulate adoption of broadband services in the country. Pay-TV revenue will be driven by projected rise in subscriptions and improving ARPUs.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Netherlands.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom service revenue in Netherlands will grow at a CAGR of 1.6% during 2019-2024.
– Mobile data revenues will grow at the fastest CAGR of 7.2% over 2019-2024, increasing from US$2.6 billion in 2019 to US$3.7 billion by the end of 2024, driven by increasing smartphone penetration.
– The ongoing 5G network trials by major operators to present opportunities for wireless network infrastructure and equipment vendors to participate in 5G development.
– KPN will lead the mobile market in the Netherlands, accounting for 42.6% share of total subscriptions in 2019, followed by T-Mobile, VodafoneZiggo, Lebara, and others. KPN will maintain its leadership through 2024, supported by its strong focus on M2M and postpaid segments.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the Netherlands’s telecommunications markets, service providers, and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Netherlands’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the Netherlands’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Netherlands.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage