United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: September 2017
- Report Code: TC0513MR
"United Arab Emirates: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the United Arab Emirates today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, fixed broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
In 2017, the United Arab Emirates will generate total telecom and pay-TV services revenue of $9.3bn. Total revenue will increase to $11.2bn by 2022 at a CAGR of 3.8% over 2017-2022, driven by growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile voice will be the largest revenue-contributing segment in 2017. Fixed broadband will be the fastest-growing segment during 2017-2022, driven by operators' investments in high-speed fiber broadband services. Going forward, UAE’s pay-TV market is expected to grow at a 2.1% CAGR in terms of revenue, mainly driven by growth in IPTV subscriptions.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in the United Arab Emirates.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, fixed broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in the United Arab Emirates will grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 61.9% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of 4G services.
– Etisalat is expected to maintain its leadership in UAE’s mobile market subscriptions in 2017, followed by Du. Both operators support the country’s digital agenda and compete on the basis of network expansions/upgrades, competitively priced offers and innovative services.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of the United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the United Arab Emirates’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in the United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications market.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the United Arab Emirates.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Etisalat UAE 28
Additional resources 30
Baseline forecast assumptions 31
Data tables 32
Research methodology 37
About the authors 38
Country Intelligence Report coverage 39
About GlobalData 40