Indonesia: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 44
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: TC0580MR
"Indonesia: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The telecom service revenue growth in Indonesia over 2017-2022 will be mainly driven by the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data will continue to be the largest revenue-contributing segment through 2022, led by rising mobile Internet subscriptions, especially over smartphones and increasing M2M connections. Going forward, operators will focus on offering data-centric services and invest in network expansions and next-generation technologies such as LTE-A and 5G. The broadband segment will witness investments in FTTx technology, supported by government efforts to boost broadband penetration in the country, providing significant opportunities for vendors and investors in the coming years.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Indonesia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 87.4% of total telecom revenue in 2022, driven by increasing adoption of high-speed mobile Internet services.
– 3G will continue to be the most adopted mobile technology throughout the forecast period, while rising demand for high-speed data services and LTE network investments from operators will drive 4G subscription growth over the forecast period.
– The top three mobile operators, Telkomsel, Indosat Ooredo and 3 Indonesia, accounted for 84.5% share of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2017. We expect the competition to intensify further as all operators are focusing on improving and expanding their 3G/LTE network capacity as well as coverage.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Indonesia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Indonesia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Indonesia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
Citra Sari Makmur
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
Telkom Indonesia 28
Indosat Ooredoo 29
XL Axiata 30
Tri Indonesia 31
Additional resources 33
Baseline forecast assumptions 34
Data tables 35
Research methodology 40
About the authors 41
Country Intelligence Report coverage 42
About GlobalData 43