Israel: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: TC0577MR
"Israel: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Israel today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2022. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in Israel will decline from $4.7bn in 2017 to $4.2bn in 2022 at a CAGR of 2.4%, owing to considerable depreciation of the local currency against the US$. Fixed broadband will be the largest revenue-contributing segment from 2019, with its share of total revenue to increase to 31.3% in 2022 led by a continued rise in fiber broadband services aided by fiber network expansions by operators. Mobile data revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.4% over 2017-2022 to reach $1.0bn by the end of 2022, aided by rising adoption of LTE/LTE-A services, data bundles and value-added services. Operator focus on expanding 4G network, M2M/IoT solutions and government initiatives to expand fiber-optic networks will boost mobile and fixed broadband markets, respectively.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Israel.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications market.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom service revenue in Israel is estimated to reach $4.2bn in 2022, a decline of 2.4% CAGR during 2017-2022.
– Mobile revenue will account for 37.5% of total telecom revenue in 2022, with mobile data accounting for 66.8% of mobile revenue in 2021.
– 3G will be the most adopted mobile technology through 2021. However, its share will decline during the forecast period as customers migrate to 4G services.
– The Israel telecom market will be dominated by Bezeq, Cellcom and HOT Telecom. Operators will continue to focus on network investments, 4G coverage expansions, fiber deployments and offering appealing data plans and value-added services to stimulate data adoption.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Israel’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Israel’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Israel’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Israel.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
Market highlights 4
Demographic, macroeconomic and regulatory context 5
Demographic and macroeconomic context 6
Regulatory context 8
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook 9
Total telecom service revenue 10
Mobile services market 12
Fixed services market 18
Pay-TV services market 22
Competitive landscape and company snapshots 25
Competitive landscape 26
HOT Telecom 29
Additional resources 32
Baseline forecast assumptions 33
Data tables 34
Research methodology 38
About the authors 39
Country Intelligence Report coverage 40
About GlobalData 41