China: Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0651MR
"China: Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2023. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Telecom service revenue growth in China over 2018-2023 will be driven by the mobile data, fixed broadband, fixed voice and pay-TV segments. Mobile data will be the largest revenue-contributing segment over 2018-2023, driven by rising smartphone subscriptions, increasing data consumption, strengthening LTE networks, and the expected launch of commercial 5G services in 2020. Going forward, operators will focus on 5G network deployments and trials to commercialize the services in 2020.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in China.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom service revenue in China will grow at a CAGR of 2.0% in terms of US$ (1.5% in local currency) during 2018-2023.
– Mobile revenue will account for 55.4% of total telecom revenue in 2023, driven by increasing data traffic on 4G networks.
– 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the 2018-2023 period. We expect 5G to be commercially available by 2020.
– The top two mobile operators, China Mobile and China Unicom, will account for 74.4% share of overall mobile subscriptions in 2018.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of China’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in China’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in China’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in China.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage