Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD) Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe
- Pages: 27
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0282IR
Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD) Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the video entertainment market in the Americas. It delivers qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV and -SVoD markets in the region, analysing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
'Pay-TV penetration in Europe is set to increasing through 2025, although at a lower rate due to country level cord-cutting trends. Video consumption is increasingly being driven by broadband connectivity becoming ubiquitous and the range of OTT video entertainment options available to the consumer rapidly expanding.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Regional video market trends and competitive dynamics in Europe; analyses the main competitive trends affecting the pay-TV market in Europe
– Section 2: SVoD subscription and revenue trends in Europe; provides a detailed description of the SVoD market in the region, looking at service adoption, unique subscriber evolution, and revenue evolution for the 2019-2025 period. This section also analyses the main competitive trends driving growth in the European SVoD market.
– Section 3: Select country reviews; includes detailed descriptions of the SVoD markets in the UK, Russia, and Germany looking at service adoption, unique subscriber evolution, subscription market shares and revenue and ARPU evolution for the 2019-2025 period.
– Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for SVoD service providers.
– The European SVoD market is highly fragmented with many SVoD players competing over content.
– SVoD players compete to deliver exclusive and local content.
– Lockdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic increased SVoD subscriptions in Europe
– SVoD players in Europe have been awarded sports streaming rights, competing with traditional pay-TV players
– The SVoD market in Europe will continue to grow with consumers adopting multiple SVoD subscriptions
– Content aggregation remains a key strategy for SVoD players
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends in the European SVoD market, helping executives understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
– The report includes examples on strategies adopted by SVoD service providers that illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the SVoD market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
– With more than sixteen charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help understand pay-TV and OTT market dynamics, and analyse key trends and strategies.
Amazon Prime Video
National Media Group
Nordic Entertainment Group
UEFA Champions League
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics in Europe
Section 2: SVoD Subscription and Revenue Trends in Europe
Section 3: Select Country Reviews
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions