eGaming – Telco Value Propositions and Bundling Strategies – 2021
- Pages: 34
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0281IR
eGaming – Telco Value Propositions and Bundling Strategies – 2021, a new Global Outlook Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the global eGaming market. It delivers deep qualitative insights into the eGaming industry, eGaming value chain and ecosystem dynamics. It also analyzes key trends in the eGaming industry and provides insights into telco eGaming monetization strategies, with a focus on cloud gaming.
'The gaming industry is transforming from a product-oriented model to a gaming-as-a-service model. Cloud gaming, AR/VR, fiber, and 5G are leading the new innovation cycles. Cloud gaming is transforming the gaming market, removing the need for gamers to have the latest expensive gaming hardware, and placing instead the weight on their connectivity. This represent an opportunity for telcos to further monetize their high-speed and low-latency connectivity services.
The report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– eGaming taxonomy & market context: an overview of eGaming at a global level and analysis of the eGaming value chain and role of telcos.
– The eGaming ecosystem: an overview of the eGaming ecosystem players and of telcos' role within the eGaming market. This section also analyzes the latest developments in the cloud gaming market and provides an overview of a large selection of cloud gaming value propositions from technology companies and gaming providers. It then provides 36 examples – from Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific, North America, and Latin America – of telecom operators' cloud gaming offerings and eSports involvement, with details on relevant partnerships as well as bundling and pricing approaches.
– Case studies: this section analyzes the cloud gaming value proposition, business models, and strategies of five telecom operators. It also details telcos' involvement in the eSports realm.
– Key findings and recommendations: the Global Outlook Report concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for eGaming stakeholders, including telecom service providers.
– Telecom operators are strongly positioned in cloud gaming through their connectivity services.
– Telecom operators can leverage cloud gaming to help upsell higher-speed and lower-latency connectivity packages to the gaming segment. Telcos can also further drive the attractiveness of specific high-speed packages by adding cloud gaming subscriptions.
– Several technology industry players – e.g., Google, NVIDIA, Sony, Microsoft, and Amazon – have entered the cloud gaming market with subscription-based monetization models.
– Partnerships with cloud gaming providers are helping telcos beef up their cloud gaming value propositions.
Reasons to buy
– This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination of the eGaming value chain and business models. It helps executives fully understand the ecosystem, market dynamics, latest developments and value chain. It helps telecom decision-makers determine key eGaming (including cloud gaming) positioning strategies, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize return on investments.
– Five case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights around different telco eGaming value propositions across the world, including services, monetization approaches and partnerships. This will help telecom executives craft adapted eGaming (including cloud gaming) strategies to unlock new revenue streams.
– The report discusses concrete opportunities in the eGaming market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for eGaming ecosystem participants, including telecom service providers.
Globe Telecom Philippines
KT Corp Group
Reliance Jio India
SK Telekom South Korea
True Corp Thailand
Vodacom South Africa
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context
Defining eGaming and eSports
eGaming & eSports Technology & Consumer Behavior Trends
Section 2: The eGaming Ecosystem
eGaming Value Chain
eGaming Ecosystem Players
Cloud gaming Latest Developments
Telcos ’ Current Activity in the eGaming Space
Section 3: Case Studies
AT&T Partnerships with eGaming Providers and Gaming Bundles
Claro eSports Popularisation and Gaming Plans
Singtel eGaming & eSports, Venture Investment
BT/EE UK Gaming Bundles and Cloud Gaming Add ons
Zain KSA Home Gaming Packages & Gaming Add ons
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
EXHIBIT 1: KEY DEFINITIONS AND GAMING PLATFORMS
EXHIBIT 2: STATUS AND LATEST CHALLENGER DEVELOPMENTS
EXHIBIT 3: eGAMING AND eSPORTS VALUE CHAIN
EXHIBIT 4: eGAMING ECOSYSTEM PLAYERS MAP
EXHIBIT 5: PROXIMUS EPIC COMBO
EXHIBIT 6: TIM ITALY’S 5G YOUTH TARGETED PLAN
EXHIBIT 7: SKT 5GX GAMES CLOUD
EXHIBIT 8: KT’S GAMEBOX
EXHIBIT 9: TELECOM EGYPT’S ADD ON PACKAGES FOR PLAYSTATION GAMERS
EXHIBIT 10: AMERICA’S MOVIL OFFERINGS IN LATAM
EXHIBIT 11: AT&T’S STADIA PRO 5G SMARTPHONE BUNDLE
EXHIBIT 12: CLARO’S ESPORTS CENTER FACILITIES AND GAMER PLANS
EXHIBIT 13: STORMS APP
EXHIBIT 14: BT/EE UK’S GAMING UNLEASHED MOBILE BUNDLE
EXHIBIT 15: ZAIN KSA 5G HOME GAMING PACKAGE