Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD) Market Trends and Opportunities in the Americas
- Pages: 27
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0279IR
Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD) Market Trends and Opportunities in the Americas, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the video entertainment market in the Americas. It delivers qualitative and quantitative insight into the pay-TV and -SVoD markets in the region, analysing key trends and strategies adopted by service providers.
'Pay’TV penetration in the Americas is set to decline through 2025 dragged down by ongoing cord-cutting trends in North America (NA), where an increasing number of households are swapping their traditional pay-TV subscriptions for SVoD alternatives. Video consumption is increasingly being driven by broadband connectivity becoming ubiquitous and the range of OTT video entertainment options available to the consumer rapidly expanding.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Regional video market trends and competitive dynamics in the Americas; analyses the main competitive trends affecting the pay-TV market in the Americas, focusing on ongoing cord-cutting trends.
– Section 2: SVoD subscription and revenue trends in the Americas; provides a detailed description of the SVoD market in the region, looking at service adoption, unique subscriber evolution, and revenue evolution for the 2019-2025 period. This section also analyses the main competitive trends driving growth in the Americas SVoD market.
– Section 3: Select country reviews; includes detailed descriptions of the SVoD markets in the US, Mexico and Brazil, looking at service adoption, unique subscriber evolution, subscription market shares and revenue and ARPU evolution for the 2019-2025 period.
– Section 4: Key findings and recommendations; the Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for SVoD service providers.
– Over the last few years, North American markets have been experiencing pay-TV subscriber declines as a result of customers swapping their traditional pay-TV subscriptions for OTT video alternatives, a trend that we expect will continue over the forecast period.
– With the increasing inclusion of linear and live content as part of OTT video service offerings and the addition of OTT features to traditional pay-TV service propositions, the lines that separate pay-TV and OTT video have become more obscure, increasing competition levels in the video entertainment market.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination of the main trends in the Americas SVoD market, helping executives understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans, and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
– The report includes examples on strategies adopted by SVoD service providers that illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the SVoD market; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
– With more than sixteen charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help understand pay-TV and OTT market dynamics, and analyse key trends and strategies.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1: Regional Video Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics in the Americas
Section 2: SVoD Subscription and Revenue Trends in the Americas
Section 3: Select Country Reviews
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions