Challenger Operators in Africa and the Middle East (AME) – Status, Market Impact and Strategies for Success
- Pages: 26
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0277IR
Challenger Operators in Africa and the Middle East – Status, Market Impact and Strategies for Success’, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of challenger operators state of play, developments, and strategies, including in the context of 5G, fixed-mobile convergence (FMC), digital services, B2B services, and fiber network deployments. This report highlights the main strategies for challenger operators growth in Africa & the Middle East (AME), gives an overview of the key models for challenger operators in the region, deep dives into the latest developments and regional trends in the challenger operator space, and provides an overview and a set of recommendations on the positioning, value propositions and future growth approaches that the different types of challenger operators across AME can adopt.
Section 1: Challenger Operators Blueprint for Growth: this section provides a set of sample growth positioning approaches for challenger operators, as they move from competitive parity to competitive disruption
Section 2: Challenger Telcos in AME – Status, Developments, & Growth Positioning Approaches: This section sets out challenger telcos status as well as their latest developments in AME; it then goes on to cover growth approaches for challenger telcos in AME – from price leadership, coverage & speeds, to more-for-more approaches, digital services, FTTH/B and 5G differentiation, as well as B2B and vertical industries value propositions
Section 3: Case Studies: this section examines three challenger operators case studies, providing context and background to their creation, how they have and intend to differentiate in the future and their wider growth strategies
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations: this section provides a summary of key takeaways and recommendations in terms of expected market opportunities, differentation factors, service portfolios and growth strategies for challenger operators.
'The report covers in detail the refreshed growth positioning approaches challenger operators are taking in Africa & the Middle East (AME) in response to incumbent operators. These challengers are aiming to competitively challenge their local market through a combination of strategies such as price leadership, coverage & speeds advantage, more-for-more, digital disruption, 5G, and FTTH/B differentiation. The challenger operators covered are diverse in positioning and growth strategies, as there is no-one-size-fits-all approach to the AME telecoms market.
– Subject to an increasingly competitive telecoms market, challenger operators must integrate familiar/legacy growth approaches with refreshed strategies and technologies to grow.
– 5G FWA can also be a growth lever for challenger operators, to address the residential market and build vertical industries solutions – e.g., 5G private/campus networks.
– Challengers have harnessed wholesale agreements, as well as infrastructure sharing to level up their coverage and speeds performance with incumbents.
– Achieving an advantage on network coverage and speeds still represents a strong competition lever for challenger telcos in AME.
– Towercos and fibercos can be leveraged by challenger operators in AME to extend their fiber and 4G/5G footprint in more capex-efficient way.
Reasons to buy
– The report offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of the differentiation strategies and growth positioning approaches for challenger operators in AME.
– The report describes the strategies, investments, and partnerships that challenger operators are making to remain competitive in an increasingly contested market.
– The report provides an overview of current strategies pursued by challenger operators, as well as future growth positioning approaches.
– The report will help telcos, both challenger and otherwise to understand the latest growth positioning approaches and the need to diversify these across AME.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Challenger Operators Blueprint for Growth
Section 2: Challenger Telcos in Africa and the Middle East Status, Developments & Growth Positioning Approaches
Challenger Telcos Status & Latest Developments in Africa and the Middle East Growth Approaches for Challenger Telcos in AME
Section 3: Challenger Operator Case Studies
Challenger Case Study 1:
Zain Saudi Arabia
Challenger Case Study 2:
Challenger Case Study 3:
Telkom South Africa
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Key Takeaways and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
EXHIBIT 1: CHALLENGER TELCO SAMPLE GROWTH BLUEPRINTS
EXHIBIT 2: STATUS AND LATEST CHALLENGER DEVELOPMENTS
EXHIBIT 3: 5G FWA PACKAGE BUNDLED SVOD AND GEFORCE NOW SUBSCRIPTIONS
EXHIBIT 4: ZAIN FMC PACKAGE 5G FAMILY
EXHIBIT 5: UMNIAH’S FIBER LINES FORECAST AND MARKET SHARE 2018 2025,(000),
EXHIBIT 6: TELKOM MOBILE SUBSCRIBERS FORECAST (000)
EXHIBIT 7: TELKOM FMC SELECTED PACKAGE