Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in the Americas – 2020
- Pages: 26
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0248IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in the Americas – 2020,’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in the Americas. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Americas region will reach a fixed broadband penetration of population rate of 21% at year-end 2020. Moving forward, fixed broadband penetration of the population in the Americas will expand to 23.6% in 2025, mainly driven by ongoing investments in FTTH and FWA-5G broadband network expansion in Latin American countries as well as national broadband plans across the region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Americas in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of the Americas' macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecom market size, and trends with other regions.
– Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Americas' fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities. The section also looks at the latest regulatory developments and national broadband initiatives.
– Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
– Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2020-2025. – Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Americas' fixed broadband markets.
– Fixed broadband line penetration of population in the Americas will reach 20.5% in 2020 and will expand to 23.6% by year-ed 2025.
– Cable subscriptions in the Americas will account for 48.7% of total fixed broadband lines in 2025, down from an estimated 50.7% in 2020, as FTTx and FWA alternatives gain traction.
– FTTH/B will account for 32.4% of total fixed broadband lines in 2025. This is driven by fiber rollouts, national broadband networks, fiber wholesale and sharing deals, and the increased availability of fiber packages to support the demand for higher speeds and bandwidth-hungry applications.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of the Americas' fixed broadband market trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Americas' fixed broadband markets.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in the Americas' evolving fixed broadband market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Americas in a Global Context
The Americas and COVID-19
Americas Demographics at a Glance
The Americas in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in the Americas
Major Competitive Changes in the Americas
National Broadband Plans
Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
Internet User Trends in the Americas
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in the Americas
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
Fixed Broadband ARPU in the Americas
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in the Americas
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions