Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific – 2020
- Pages: 30
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0245IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific – 2020,’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Asia-Pacific region has a modest fixed broadband penetration, but is host to the largest fixed broadband market, China, and the market with the most potential for fixed broadband development, India. There is a markedly higher fixed broadband penetration in developed Asia-Pacific, such as Singapore, Australia, and New Zealand. Most countries in emerging Asia-Pacific are focusing on bridging the digital divide between urban and rural areas by financing backbone and rural networks, while more developed countries are building subsea cables to boost the supply of international capacity. Increased competition is expected in the fixed broadband market due to open access and wholesale agreements (usually under a national broadband network with a structural separation framework), new fixed line entrants, the resurgence of 4G/5G fixed wireless access technology and the potential emergence of satellite broadband Internet as an alternative.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of Asia-Pacific's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecom market size, and trends with other regions.
– Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities. The section also looks at the latest regulatory developments and national broadband initiatives.
– Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
– Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2020-2025. – Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband market.
– Fixed broadband lines penetration of the population will reach 16.1% in 2020, and will grow to 20.8% by 2025.
– APAC’s fixed Internet users will record significant growth, expanding to 2.6 billion Internet users by 2025.
– FTTH/B will account for 90.3% of total fixed broadband lines in 2025. This is driven by fiber rollouts, national broadband networks, fiber wholesale and sharing deals, and the increased availability of fiber packages to support the demand for higher speeds and bandwidth-hungry applications.
– In Asia-Pacific, COVID-19 has made teleworking the norm and increased the consumption of digital media, resulting in a surge in residential data traffic.
– Most networks have been generally been able to cope with the increased demand due to prior infrastructure investments, but the pandemic has reemphasised the importance of fixed networks in the digital age, prompting increased investments into telecom infrastructure across Asia-Pacific.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Asia-Pacific fixed broadband market trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Asia-Pacific’s fixed broadband markets.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific's evolving fixed broadband market.
Vodafone Hutchinson Australia
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context
APAC Demographics at a Glance
APAC in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in APAC
Major Competitive Changes in APAC
National Broadband Plans: A Key Growth Driver of Fixed Broadband in APAC
APAC’s Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
Internet User Trends in APAC
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in APAC
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
Fixed Broadband ARPU in APAC
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in APAC
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
List of Figures
List of Figures
Population, 2019-2025 (millions)
Nominal GDP, 2019-2025 (US$ billions)
Real GDP Growth, 2020-2025
Voice Lines Penetration, 2020 (% of Population)
Internet Users as a % of Total Population
Broadband Line Penetration, 2020
Internet Users, APAC, 2020-2025 (millions)
Fixed Broadband Lines and Penetration in APAC, 2020- 2025
Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, APAC, 2020-2025
Top Five APAC Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2025
Fixed Broadband ARPS in APAC (US$), 2020-2025
Fixed Broadband Revenue, APAC, 2020-2025
Select APAC Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2020