Fixed-Mobile Convergence – Status, Strategies and Opportunity in the Americas
- Pages: 26
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0239IR
Fixed-Mobile Convergence – Status, Strategies and Opportunity in the Americas, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an overview of the state of fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) in the Americas region. The report draws from examples of FMC journeys and propositions from Americas operators to give an overview of the market conditions which lead to convergence as well as the evolution of the convergence market.
The report provides an overall introduction to FMC, its driving conditions and a comparison of the level of FMC market development in different regions. It also offers an analysis of the evolution pathway of convergence market development, and examines the different convergence models available in the Americas. Moroever, it analyzes the status of development of FMC in the Americas, looking at telco value propositions, FMC bundling, and growth strategies. Then the report dives into three operator case studies providing an overview of their FMC offerings, differentiation, and monetization levers in the Americas. The report concludes with recommendations for operators interested in pursuing FMC.
Fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) has emerged in some competitive markets as a way for operators to differentiate and pursue growth. In North America, FMC is a developed market, while in Latin America FMC is still developing. There are a number of market and regulatory conditions which support or hinder the development of FMC.
– Compared to North America, where some operators have pursued FMC as a central strategy, Latin America has seen a modest level of convergence.
– There is scope for more fixed-mobile convergence development in the Americas. However, the feasibility and entrance point of convergence depends on the unique conditions of each market and the profile of each operator.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides an examination of the market conditions and business models for fixed-mobile convergence, to help executives fully understand market dynamics, determine what works and what doesn’t, formulate effective product development plans and optimize resource allocation and return on investments.
– Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insight into particular situations in the fixed-mobile market in the Americas; this will help the reader understand both the challenges confronted in the real world and the strategies employed to overcome those challenges.
– The report discusses concrete opportunities in fixed-mobile convergence in the Americas, providing a number of actionable recommendations for operators.
– Multiple American markets are compared in terms of the adopted FMC model, number of FMC offerings, FMC prices, and VAS bundled within FMC offerings.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: FMC Portfolio Definition, Evolution, and
FMC Definition and Overview
Telco Convergence Models
Section 2: FMC Status, Portfolios, and Strategies for Telcos in the Americas
FMC Status in the Americas
FMC Selected Portfolios
FMC Growth Strategies
Section 3: Case Studies
Section 4: Key Takeaways and Recommendations
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Typical Conditions for FMC Development
Exhibit 2: Generic Phases of Market Development & Examples of Product Bundle
Exhibit 3: Key Telco Convergence Models
Exhibit 4: FMC Household Penetration by Region
Exhibit 5: Operator FMC Portfolios
Exhibit 6: FMC Growth Strategies Harnessed by Telcos in the Americas
Exhibit 7: Verizon’s FMC Offerings
Exhibit 8: Telecom Argentina’s FMC Offerings
Exhibit 9: Claro Brazil’s FMC Offerings