Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe – 2020
- Pages: 28
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0238IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Europe – 2020, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Europe. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
– Europe as a region is largely an advanced fixed broadband market.
– Governments and regulators are working in tandem to drive and develop fixed broadband infrastructure and adoption, especially in regards to FTTH/B – with major high-speed broadband coverage targets set across Europe.
– The European Commission (EC) has a vision to transform Europe into a gigabit society and to become a digital single market. The EC’s targets include a 100Mbps broadband coverage across all member states by 2025. Often, member states opt mainly for FTTH/B to achieve these targets. Major government-backed national broadband plans will drive fiber coverage, faster Internet speeds, boost competition, and should lead to increased fixed broadband adoption.
– The COVID-19 crisis has also proved the importance of high-speed, reliable broadband access and has prompted a number of telcos to accelerate their FTTH/B rollouts; also boosting the M&As and joint venture activity in this space.
– Fixed broadband development also provides more service bundling and monetization opportunities for telcos – e.g., OTT video, cloud gaming, home office solutions (e.g., UC&C), and smart home services.
Ongoing structural/functional separation trends in Europe, aimed at creating fiber wholesalers offering open access fiber for the acceleration of fiber deployments, will present new opportunities for investors, telcos, and infrastructure vendors across the region.
It provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Europe in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of Europe's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
– Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyzes the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the European fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidations, and M&A activities.
– Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
– Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2020-2025. – Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for Europe's fixed broadband market.
– Fixed broadband lines penetration of the population will reach 30.7% in 2020, and will further expand to 37.1% by 2025.
– Fixed broadband lines in Europe will reach 313.3 million by 2025. The total broadband market will be led by the FTTH/B segment, which will increase by 65.9 million lines between 2020 and 2025.
– FTTH/B will account for 49.9% of total fixed broadband lines in 2025, up from 35.2% in 2020.
– Between 2020 and 2025, operators in Europe will generate a cumulative US$465.2 billion in fixed Internet services revenue.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Europe’s fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Europe’s fixed broadband markets.
– The report is designed for an executive-level audience, with charts and tables boasting presentation quality.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Europe's evolving fixed broadband market.
Covage Open Fibre
Pass Jeux Videos
Swiss Open fibre
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Section 1: Europe in a Global Context
Europe’s Demographics at a Glance
Europe in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Europe
Major Competitive Changes in Europe
National Broadband Plans
Europe’s Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
Internet User Trends in Europe
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Europe
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
Fixed Broadband ARPU in Europe
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Europe
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2019-2025 (millions)
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2019-2025 (US$trillion)
Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2018-2021
Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2020 (% of population)
Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population
Exhibit 6: Broadband Line Penetration, 2020
Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Europe, 2019-2025 (millions)
Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Europe,
Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Europe,
Exhibit 10: Top Five European Markets in Terms of FTTH/B
as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2020-2025*
Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Europe (US$), 2020
Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Europe, 2020-2025
Exhibit 13: Selected European Fixed Broadband Market
Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2020