Cloud Computing in Asia-Pacific: Telco Cloud Offers, Best Practices and Market Opportunity
- Pages: 26
- Published: December 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0217IR
Cloud service revenue is expected to see healthy growth in the region over the coming years across IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS categories. In order to take advantage of this growth opportunity, telcos in Asia-Pacific are taking the approach of partnering with various cloud service providers to offer a single cloud offer that encompasses public and private storage and compute alongside connectivity either through IP-VPN or dedicated lines.
'Cloud Computing in Asia-Pacific: Telco Cloud Offers, Best Practices, and Market Opportunity’, a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the cloud computing services market oppurtunity for telecoms companies in Asia-Pacific (APAC). It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the cloud market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Definitions: Taxonomy and market context: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of enterprise cloud computing services .
– Section 2: Cloud computing market opportunity in Asia-Pacific: This section provides a forecasts on revenue for the cloud computing market in Asia-Pacific through 2023 as well as breaks down cloud revenue by industry vertical.
– Section 3:Telco cloud positioning and go-to-market strategies: it consists of a summary of the telcos role in the cloud value chain, current telco go to market strategies, and the cloud service portfolios of telcos in Asia-Pacific.
– Section 4: Best practices from telco case studies: Provides best practice case studies on telcos in Asia-Pacific that are currently offering enterprse cloud services.
– Section 5: Key findings and reccomendations: it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the Asia-Pacific cloud computing services market.
– The enterprise cloud computing services market reached $107.6 billion in 2018 and is expected to growth at a CAGR of 19.0% over the next five years.
– In order to meet data sovereignty requirements and provide superior performance to Asia-Pacific clients, global hyper scale cloud providers like AWS, Azure, and GoogleCloud are building more data centres in region including in emerging markets such as Thailand and Indonesia.
– The cloud market is quite saturated with a number of providers, including webscale players, IT vendors, and system integrators. APAC telcos need to develop strategies to differentiate their service offerings.
– A cloud management platform is becoming a basic need for enterprises with multi-cloud deployments, one addressed by almost all cloud providers.
Reasons to buy
– Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of cloud computing services portfolios and positioning in the APAC markets.
– The report investigates cloud computing trends and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the APAC region.
– The report provides a five-year revenue forecast into the APAC cloud computing market.
– The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider cloud computing services market and what these developments might mean for the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Section 1: Definitions
Enterprise cloud computing services definition
Section 2: Cloud computing market opportunity in Asia-Pacific
Cloud computing revenue evolution
Cloud computing revenue by select country, Asia-Pacific
Section 3: Telco cloud positioning and go-to-market strategies
Telcos’ role in the cloud segment
Telcos’ go-to-market strategies
Telco cloud services portfolio
Section 4: Best practices from telco case studies
Best practice: case study: PLDT
Best practice: case study: China Mobile
Best practice: case study: Singtel
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions