Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin America – 2019
- Pages: 26
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: GDTC0206IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Latin America – 2019’ a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Latin America. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Latin America region is characterized by a vast disparity in the maturity of fixed broadband infrastructure levels resulting in a variety of initiatives required to boost fixed broadband penetration. Some countries are focusing on building and enhancing the core infrastructure, such as national backbone networks, required to deliver fixed broadband, while others are focusing on increasing fiber coverage and providing higher speeds. Increased competition in the fixed broadband market is being driven by national broadband initiatives focused on providing afforable broadband through regulated wholesale networks, further fixed mobile convergence is increasing competitive pressure.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Latin America in a global context: This section provides a comparison of Latin America's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
– Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Latin America fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
– Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
– Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2019-2024. – Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Latin America fixed broadband market.
– Fixed broadband line penetration of population will reach 13.2% in 2019, and 16.5% by the end of 2024.
– Fixed Internet users in Latin America will grow from 407.5 million by the end of 2019 to 475.0 million by 2024.
– Internet services revenue will account for 75.1% of the total fixed revenue in 2024, up from 67.6% in 2019.
– FTTH/B connections in Latin America will experience a significant growth with its share of total fixed broadband subscriptions increasing from 20.8% in 2019 to 30.8% by year-end 2024, mainly supported by public network expansion initiatives and operator investments.
Reasons to buy
– This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Latin America’s fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Latin America’s fixed broadband markets.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Latin America's evolving fixed broadband market.
Cable and Wireless
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Latin America Highlights
Section 1: Latin America in a Global Context
Latin America’s Demographics at a Glance
Latin America in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive
Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Latin America
Major Competitive Changes in Latin America
National Broadband Plans
Latin America’s Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
Internet User Trends in Latin America
Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Latin America
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America
Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Latin America
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
Acronyms and Definitions
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Population, 2018-2024 (Millions)
Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2018-2024 (US$Trillion)
Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2018-2024
Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2019 (% of Population)
Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population
Exhibit 6: Broadband Lines Penetration, 2019
Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Latin America, 2018-2024 (Millions)
Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Latin America, 2018-2024
Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Latin America, 2019-2024
Exhibit 10: Top Five Latin America Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2024
Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Latin America, 2019
Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Latin America, 2019-2024
Exhibit 13: Select Latin America Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2019