AI Use Cases for Telcos: Networks & Operations, Products & Services, and Customer Interactions
- Pages: 26
- Published: November 2018
- Report Code: GDTC0184IR
"AI Use Cases for Telcos: Networks & Operations, Products & Services, and Customer Interactions", a global outlook report by GlobalData, deep dives into the possible use cases that AI makes available for telcom operators to turn into smart digital service providers & produce value.
Artificial intelligence (AI) along with its set of available technologies will be the cornerstone powering internal and external digital transformation for telcos. A multitude of AI use cases in several consumer, enterprise and corporate areas are possible for telcos.
The report is structured as follows –
– Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context; offers an overview of the key AI definitions, technologies, and value chain.
– Section 2: Telecoms AI Use Cases; maps out the telecoms AI application areas. It then offers a series of examples of telcos’ AI implementations in networks & operations, products & services, and customer interactions & knowledge.
– Section 3: Case Studies; offers two telco case studies focusing on AI for predictive industrial maintenance and autonomous telecom networks. It analyzes the partnerships involved, the service features, and the benefits generated.
– Section 4: Findings and recommendations; we conclude the report with a set of key findings and recommendations for telecom operators to help them harness the benefits of AI and drive new revenue streams.
– Telcos need to augment their products and services with AI for more personalization and on-demand flexibility.
– AI is key to helping telcos optimize their networks and automate their network operations.
– Telco customer interaction touchpoints & channels are also benefitting from AI.
Reasons to buy
– The report objective is to help inform global industry executives' decision-making process on the possible use cases of AI in their telecom businesses, as well as of the possible service and commercial positioning strategies.
– Two case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into telecom operators' AI implementations, the partnerships they harnessed and the benefits they generated; this will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits AI can create for them as well as the business & partnership models telcos can adopt to get access and deploy AI capabilities.
– The report also provide a reminder of the key AI definitions, technologies, and value chain. This will help telcos better understand the ecosystem, play an active role in it and monetize the opportunity arising from the AI space.
– With nine exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate evolution moves for their AI strategies.
South Korea Telecom
Orange Business Services
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Exhibits 4
Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Taxonomy & Market Context 6
Defining AI 7
AI technologies overview 8
AI value chain – overview 9
Section 2: Telecoms' AI Use Cases 10
Telecoms’ AI use cases overview 11
Telecoms' AI use cases – network optimization & operations automation 12
Telecoms' AI use cases – AI-powered products & services 13
Telecoms' AI use cases – smart customer interactions & knowledge 14
Section 3: Case Studies 15
AI for offering predictive maintenance 16
AI for autonomous & self-driving networks 17
Section 4: Key Findings & Recommendations 18
Acronyms and definitions 20
Companies mentioned 22
Related research 23
Contact information 26
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: AI definitions and key technologies 8
Exhibit 2: AI technologies’ application examples 9
Exhibit 3: AI value chain components 10
Exhibit 4: Sample AI application use cases in telecoms 12
Exhibit 5: Sample AI use cases in telco network optimization & operations automation 13
Exhibit 6: Sample AI use cases in telco AI-powered products & services 14
Exhibit 7: Sample AI use cases in telco smart customer interactions & knowledge 15
Exhibit 8: OBS IoT platform for predictive maintenance – ELM Leblanc boilers predictive maintenance use case 17
Exhibit 9: Wavelogic Ai monitors optical link data to enable capacity decision automation 18