Home and Garden Retailing in South Africa – Sector Overview, Market Size and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 46
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDRT1660SR
The research report provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales, and the home market in South Africa. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in home sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The research report also reveals major retailers share in home sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
The report uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
– The overall retail industry in South Africa is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2020 and 2025 to reach ZAR 1,700 bn
– The Home sector is valued at ZAR 134.3 billion in 2020 and it is forecast to reach ZAR 152.4 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 2.6% in the period.
– Value, discount and variety stores and general merchandise retail channel sales is expected to grow by 6.9% during 2020-2025 to reach ZAR 7.5 billion in 2025.
– The mass market players accounted for 85.2% of sector sales in 2020
– Builders Express holds the highest market share of 11.4% in 2020
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the home market and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in home sector to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sector and their price positioning
Pick n Pay
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail