Clothing, Footwear and Accessories Retailing in Japan – Sector Overview, Market Size and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 51
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDRT1646SR
The research report provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales, and the clothing, footwear and accessories market in Japan. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in clothing, footwear and accessories sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The research report also reveals major retailers share in clothing, footwear and accessories sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
The report uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
– The overall retail industry in Japan is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 1.9% between 2020 and 2025 to reach ¥ 1,21,117 bn.
– Clothing, Footwear & Accessories will grow at 4.2% to reach ¥ 11.8 bn by 2025. Womenswear and Women’s footwear are the dominating categories.
– Clothing, footwear and accessories specialist channel registers the maximum market share in 2020 but online channel is expected to see the maximum growth at a CAGR of 10.5% between 2020-2025 to reach ¥ 3,967 bn in 2025.
– The sector is dominated by mass market players who account for 79.0% of market share in 2020
– UNIQLO led the market in 2020. However, Amazon showed the highest sales growth in 2020 on account of COVID-19 induced online sales.
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the clothing, footwear and accessories market and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in clothing, footwear and accessories sector to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sector and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail
Clothing, footwear & accessories