Clothing, Footwear and Accessories Retailing in India – Sector Overview, Market Size and Forecast to 2025
- Pages: 51
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDRT1561SR
The research report provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales, and the clothing, footwear and accessories market in India. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in clothing, footwear and accessories sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The research report also reveals major retailers share in clothing, footwear and accessories sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
The report uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
– The overall retail industry in India is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.4% between 2020 and 2025 to reach ₹ 116.3 trillion.
– Clothing, Footwear & Accessories will grow at 11.4% to reach ₹ 7,227bn by 2025. Womenswear and Men’s footwear are the dominating categories.
– Clothing, footwear and accessories specialist channel registers the maximum market share in 2020 but online channel is expected to see the maximum grow at a CAGR of 20.8% between 2020-2025 to reach ₹ 1,921bn in 2025.
– The sector is dominated by mass market players who account for 82.2% of market share in 2020
– Reliance Trends led the market in 2020. However, only Myntra showed growth of 60.3% in 2020 on account of COVID-19.
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the clothing, footwear and accessories market and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in clothing, footwear and accessories sector to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sector and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail
Clothing, footwear & accessories