Retailing in Romania – Market and Sector Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 118
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0424MR
This databook uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
This databook provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales in Romania. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in total retail sales sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The databook also reveals major retailers share in total retail sales sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
– The overall retail industry in Romania is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% between 2020 and 2025 to reach RON 612.4 bn.
– Food & Grocery is the dominating sector with RON 404.7 bn in 2020 but Clothing & Footwear is the fastest growing sector, which will grow at 8.5% CAGR between 2020-2025 to reach RON 35.8 bn.
– Hypermarkets, Supermarkets and hard discounters is the leading channel, but online channel is expected to see the maximum growth during the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 13.4% between 2020-2025 to reach RON 36.1 bn.
– The Romania retail industry is dominated by mass market players
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Peek & Cloppenburg
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty