Retailing in Australia – Market and Sector Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 118
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0413MR
This databook uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
This databook provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales in Australia. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in total retail sales sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The databook also reveals major retailers share in total retail sales sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
– The overall retail market in Australia is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.7% between 2020 and 2025 to reach A$58.5 billion .
– The Home sector is valued at A$43.2 billion in 2020 and it is forecast to reach A$43.4 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 0.1% during the period.
– Online channel sales grew by 7.9% during 2020-2025 to reach A$3.7 billion in 2025.
– The mass market players accounted for 73.5% of sector sales in 2020
– Bunnings holds the highest market share of 16.3% in 2020
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Trade Secret/TK Maxx
BP Store and BP Shop
The Good Guys
Terry White Chemmart
Home Timber & Hardware
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty