Retailing in Malaysia – Market and Sector Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 118
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0410MR
This databook uses data from GlobalData’s Retail database showing the trends in the market and sectors by value. It also reveals the major retailers by market share in 2020 in each of the sectors. All data includes the impact COVID-19 has had on sales in 2020 (forecasted at the date of publication).
This databook provides both the historic and forecast market data of total retail sales in Malaysia. It illustrates the data with charts, graphs and tables summarizing the value, with category details in total retail sales sector. The forecasts include the impact of COVID-19 on growth. The databook also reveals major retailers share in total retail sales sector with their price and market positioning in 2020.
– The overall retail industry in Malaysia is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% between 2020 and 2025 to reach MYR 588.3 bn.
– Food & Grocery is the dominating sector with MYR 223.7 bn in 2020 but Furniture and Floor Coverings is the fastest growing sector, which will grow at 11.3% CAGR between 2020-2025 to reach MYR 24.9 bn.
– Convenience stores (including independents) and gas stations is the leading channel, but duty-free retail channel is expected to see the maximum growth during the forecast period, registering a CAGR of 20.6% between 2020-2025 to reach MYR 3.8 bn.
– The Malaysia retail industry is dominated by mass market players
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Yee Fong Hung (Malaysia) SB
Padini Corporation SB
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of Retail
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty