Online Retailing in Portugal – Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 92
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0047OR
This report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in Portugal. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2020 along with recent key developments.
This report provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics and the impact of COVID-19 on online retail sales in the country.
– The online retail sales in Portugal were valued at 3.0 billion in 2020. The online penetration increased by 1.4 ppts from 4.4 in 2019 to 5.8 in 2020.
– Electricals is the largest penetrated sector in 2020 with online accounting for 26.5% of total electricals sales.
– Food & grocery will be one of the fastest growing in the next five years, with online penetration clocking 2.9% in 2025.
– High demand for supplements spurred online health & beauty sales in 2020, increased health awareness will complement sector sales in the future.
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the online retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the online retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in online retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Drivers and inhibitors
Trends in online retail
Online retail in Portugal
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty