Online Retailing in Germany – Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 93
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0040OR
This report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in Germany. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2020 along with recent key developments.
This report provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics and the impact of COVID-19 on online retail sales in the country.
– The online market in Germany grew by 18.5% in 2020 to reach €83.3bn due to the pandemic and the closure of stores.
– Germany is the largest apparel e-commerce market in Europe with sales reaching €22.2bn in 2020, however its online penetration would slow down from 2021 onwards as the country reopens following the lockdown.
– Online food & grocery sales were valued at €6.6bn in 2020 and is expected to reach €9.1bn in 2025, supported by convenience of doorstep deliveries and offers provided by the online retailers.
– Online electricals sales stood at €21.3bn in 2020 and its online penetration will reach 43.6% by 2025, owing to an increased reliance on technology.
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the online retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the online retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in online retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Drivers and inhibitors
Trends in online retail
Online retail in the country
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty