Online Retailing in United States of America (USA) – Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2025
- Pages: 93
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0038OR
This report provides in-depth analysis of the latest trends in online shopping, covering the factors driving online shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics and the impact of COVID-19 on online retail sales in the country.
This report provides a detailed analysis of both the historic and forecast market data of retail sales of different product segments in online channel in the USA. In addition, it provides an overview of changing shopping trends, the influence of various economic variables on the online retail industry, technology trends and the competitive landscape across product segments. The report also details major online retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2020 along with recent key developments.
– The online market in the US grew by 36.2% in 2020 to $752bn due to the pandemic and the closure of stores.
– The apparel market was hit hard by the closure of physical stores in 2020 but this gave a boost to online sales ($138bn) and will have converted more consumers to shop for clothing online.
– Online sales of electricals in the US reached USD175.7 billion in 2020 and accounted for 23.4% of all online retail sales.
– The pandemic forced food & grocery retailers to compress 3-4 years online development into 3-4 months and less in 2020 to meet the demand for food and essentials deliveries to the home.
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the online retail industry and forecasts to 2025
– Explore new opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand following the impact of COVID-19 on the online retail market
– Investigate current and forecast trends in online retail sectors to identify the opportunities offering the most potential
– Understand who the main competitors are in the sectors and their price positioning
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Drivers and inhibitors
Trends in online retail
Online retail in the country
Clothing, footwear & accessories
Food & grocery
Health & beauty