Global Casualwear Market Analysis, Top Brands and Trends 2020
- Pages: 19
- Published: January 2021
- Report Code: GDRT0028HTR
COVID-19 and ensuing lockdowns have significantly affected the overall apparel market. According to GlobalData, COVID-19 will wipe US$297bn from the global apparel market which includes casualwear in 2020 – a 15.2% decline over 2019.
With casualwear the bright spot in such a challenging market, casualwear specialists should be outperforming. Uniqlo is one brand that has done so. Its core proposition is stylish casualwear with an emphasis on versatility and fabric performance. It has adapted well to the shifts in demand with styles that are smart enough for work appearances as well as being comfortable. Uniqlo has also benefitted from having its largest markets in APAC, particularly China, which have been less impacted than mature Western economies by the pandemic.
This report includes analysis, brands, and trends in Casualwear in the Global Apparel Market.
– The demand for multifunctionality, comfort and a drive for fitness supports the demand in athleisure
– Desire for comfort has been a key driver for the growth in demand for casualwear amidst the pandemic
– The work from home culture has led to a surge in demand for casualwear replacing formal apparel
– As demand for loungewear soars, fashion retailers must elevate loungewear offerings to encourage continued purchasing
– Sustainable means of denim production alongside the rental/resale platform can reduce the impact on environment
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive view of the casualwear market and the impact of Covid-19 on it.
– Investigate current trends in casualwear categories
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Growing popularity of athleisure over denim
The desire for comfort in clothing
Increase in WFH during Covid 19 and decreased spend on formal work clothing
Driving purchase quantity and frequency in
Sustainability in casualwear
Retailers in Focus