Retailer Loyalty Schemes
- Pages: 30
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: GDRT0013HTR
"Retailer Loyalty Schemes", report provides an overview of different types of loyalty programs, their need in retail industry, benefits and examples of loyalty programs.
– Loyalty programs are marketing strategies that, when effective, drive customer loyalty and encourage frequent purchases through providing enticing incentives and reasons to purchase.
– These programs are designed to reduce shopping around and make a retailer top-of-mind – motivating return visits and limiting customer acquisition opportunities for competitors.
– As part of these programs, customers are generally rewarded with special offers, discounts, points, rebates, exclusive services or free gifts.
Reasons to buy
– The effectiveness of loyalty programs is vital as sales growth opportunities, especially in mature retail markets, become more challenging
– Retailers must ensure their loyalty schemes are built into their apps
– Carrefour’s “MyCLUB” aims to leverage the fast-growing retail market in Middle East
– Boots Advantage card gets the basics right
– Madewell’s Insider loyalty program aims at gaining and retaining customer loyalty
– Best Buy’s loyalty program lacks a competitive edge versus Amazon
– The North Face loyalty scheme is designed to appeal to its customers’ passions
– Sephora is building on its “Beauty Insider” loyalty program to drive business
– Starbucks doubled its loyalty program members during 2017-2018.
Barnes & Noble
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Loyalty programs – Overview
Types of loyalty programs
Benefits of loyalty programs
Examples – Reward points
Examples – Multi-level reward points
Examples – Paid subscriptions
Examples – Partnerships