Shale based Oil and Gas Industry – Thematic Research
- Pages: 31
- Published: November 2020
- Report Code: GDOG-TR-S043
Shale oil and gas exploration has added new dimension of growth to the US oil and gas industry. It has also fueled extensive investment in the development of associated infrastructure for gathering, storage, and supply of hydrocarbons to both domestic and international markets. However, the onset of global pandemic and the subsequent decline in oil prices has taken the wind out of the shale boom. The shale market has immediately gone into self-correction due to abrupt reduction in demand.
Ravindra Puranik, Oil and Gas Analyst at GlobalData, comments:
“The US shale market has been vibrant since recovering from the 2014 price crash. Shale oil and gas production across major plays was generally on an upward trend in 2018 and 2019. However, the downturn this year has brought in unprecedented challenges to the shale industry. It has disrupted the recent momentum of the industry and may take years to recover.”
- Assesses the shale-based oil and gas industry and its impact on global energy supply.
- Highlights the various trends in the shale theme.
- Evaluates the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on shale operations.
- Analyses the shale value chain and identifies major players across the value chain.
- Provides an overview of the competitive positions held by and oil and gas producers; and equipment and service providers; in the shale theme.
Reasons to buy
- Identify the key industry, technological and macroeconomic trends impacting the shale-based oil and gas industry
- Overview of major shale-based oil and gas operations across the world
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the shale-based oil and gas operations
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas producers; and equipment and service providers in the shale theme
Table of Contents
Executive summary 3
Oil and gas trends 5
Technology trends 7
Macroeconomic trends 8
Industry analysis 9
Global shale oil and gas production and outlook 9
Impact of COVID-19 12
Shale development in North America 14
Shale development in other regions 17
Mergers and acquisitions 19
Value chain 22
Oil and gas producers 25
Equipment and Service providers 27
| Our thematic research methodology 28
| About GlobalData 30
| Contact Us 31