Oil prices have been sluggish over the past few years and have forced oil and gas companies to adopt different approaches toward their usual business models. This has resulted in oil and gas companies utilizing technology as a means of reducing operational costs by raising efficiencies. Virtual and augmented reality technology is being utilized to that very effect, primarily through applications such as virtual training, virtual diagnostics systems, and virtually modeled reservoirs, using systems like ExxonMobil’s Immersive 3D Training Environment. Hyper-immersive 3D modeled environments fed through virtual headgear are enabling oil rig operators to virtually view and plan the layout of subsea pipelines, adjust the planned drill path through a virtual reservoir, and experience real-world hazards through applications like danger management.
The report provides impact of virtual and augmented reality on the oil & gas industry.
– The report discusses how oil and gas industry is benefitting through virtual training, which is replacing traditional methods involving classroom studies with the occasional field trip which can be very costly.
– The report analyses how virtual and augmented reality helps in danger management, as some locations and workplaces in oil and gas industry are extremely hazardous to life.
– The report further shows operational procedures for drilling wells can be optimized through VR application linked with intelligent rig monitoring system.
– The report also shows how technicians can view the issues in the oil and gas industry from a remote location through VR headset, identify accurately what the issue is, and explore suitable solution.
Reasons to Buy
– To understand emerging trends on applications of virtual and augmented reality in oil and gas.
– Know case studies demonstrating how oil and gas companies are using virtual and augmented reality for enhanced operational performance and improved business opportunities.
– To know more about companies in the oil and gas sector, which have strong competitive position in the virtual and augmented reality theme.
Table of Contents
Impact of virtual and augmented reality on the oil & gas industry
APPENDIX: OUR "THEMATIC" RESEARCH METHODOLOGY