Mining Industry Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Raising Quarterly Deals Review – Q1 2020
- Pages: 28
- Published: May 2020
- Report Code: GDMM011MIDQ
The total value of mining deals, after falling in Q4 2019, further declined by an additional US$3.4bn to US$22.8bn in Q1 2020, mainly due to a 32% fall in capital raised during that quarter. However, this decline was partially offset by an increase in mergers and acquisitions, which totaled US$9.1bn, 26.4% higher versus US$7.2bn in Q4 2019. Amidst the challenges of operating during the spread of COVID-19, gold deals were a feature of the first quarter. The largest of the completed deals was Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd’s acquisition of Detour Gold in a mega deal worth US$3.79bn, adding the Detour Lake mine to the portfolio.
• Coverage of all types of capital raising deals – equity offering, debt offering, private equity, and venture capital
• Coverage of all types of M&A deals – mergers, asset transactions and acquisitions
• Geographies covered include Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
Reasons to buy
• Analyse M&As and capital raising deals in the mining industry.
• Review major deals that took place, their status and type.
• Compare mining companies’ response to COVID-19.
• Identify and analyze mining companies’ consolidations and expansions.
• Compare deals by type and status.
• Track the latest mining industry developments, with complete geographic coverage across the Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
Table of Contents
Q1 2020 in Figures
Announced Mining Deals
Completed Mining Deals
Top M&As in Mining
Top Asset Transactions in Mining
Top Mining Capital Raising Deals