Mining Industry Mergers, Acquisitions and Capital Raising Quarterly Deals Review – Q4 2019
- Pages: 31
- Published: January 2020
- Report Code: GDMM010MIDQ
The total value of mining deals, after increasing in Q3 2019, declined by over US$9bn to US$30.8bn in Q4 2019, mainly due to a 44% decline in the capital raised during that quarter. However, this decline was partially offset by an increase in mergers and acquisitions, which totaled US$12.2bn, 45.2% higher versus US$8.4bn in Q3 2019. The largest was Katanga Mining, which raised US$5.8bn in rights offering of shares to repay the debt to Glencore. This was followed by Albemarle Corp.’s acquisition of a 60% stake in Wodgina Lithium mine.
• Coverage of all types of capital raising deals – equity offering, debt offering, private equity, and venture capital
• Coverage of all types of M&A deals – mergers, asset transactions and acquisitions
• Geographies covered includes Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
Reasons to buy
• Analyse M&As and capital raising deals in the mining industry
• Review major deals that took place their status and type
• Identify and analyze mining companies’ consolidations and expansions.
• Compare deals by type and status
• Track latest mining industry developments, with complete geographic coverage across the Asia-Pacific, Americas, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Oceania and Former Soviet Union.
Albemarle Corporation, ArcelorMittal, Eagle Specialty Materials LLC, Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd, Katanga Mining Limited, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, MMC Norilsk Nickel, Northern Star Resources Ltd, PT Adaro Indonesia, PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium, Saracen Mineral Holdings Ltd
Table of Contents
Q4 2019 in Figures
Announced Mining Deals
Completed Mining Deals
Top M&As in Mining
Top Asset Transactions in Mining
Top Mining Capital Raising Deals