Hepatitis B Tests – In Vitro Diagnostics Market Analysis and Forecast Model
- Pages: 0
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: GDME363MM
Hepatitis B is a viral infection caused by Hepatitis B virus (HBV). The virus attacks the liver and can cause acute and chronic disease, which might lead to liver failure, liver cancer or liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, and/or inflammation of blood vessels. The virus can be transmitted through blood or other bodily fluids by transfusion, sexual contact, sharing of needles, accidental needle sticks, and via mother to child transmission. Individuals with hepatitis B infections are typically defined as being positive for the hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg). Using this definition, the world health organization (WHO) estimates that 257 million people are living with hepatitis B infections worldwide. Incidence and prevalence rates of hepatitis B infections vary dramatically across countries and geographical regions. Prevalence of hepatitis B infections are higher in the Asia Pacific and sub-Saharan African regions, with approximately one third of HBV prevalent cases residing in China. Disease incidence and prevalence are not the only factors influencing the Hepatitis B Tests market. Sales of these devices are also heavily impacted by fluctuations in the number of pregnant women, semen donations, whole blood donations, and source plasma donations.
The predominant devices used for Hepatitis B detection are enzyme immunoassay (EIA) tests, owing to their high specificity and sensitivity as well as their ability to be adapted for high-throughput testing. EIA hepatitis B devices are used for disease diagnosis as well as screening of whole blood, source plasma, and sperm donations as well as for pregnant women screening. Nucleic acid amplification (NAAT) are sometimes used as confirmatory tests for samples that have already tested positive for HBV through EIA. NAAT are also used for serial monitoring of hepatitis B patients, to aid in management of the disease and to inform treatement strategies i.e. with anti-retroviral agents.
Who should buy this report?
This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for:
• CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the Hepatitis B Tests marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
• Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
• Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
Currently marketed Hepatitis B Tests and evolving competitive landscape:
• Insightful review of the key industry trends.
• Annualized total Hepatitis B Tests market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015–2028.
• Granular data on total procedures, units, average selling prices and market values by segment.
Reasons to buy
The model will enable you to:
• Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
• Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving Hepatitis B Tests market.
• Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the Hepatitis B Tests market in the future.
• Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the company share of market leaders.
• Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
• Track device sales in the global and country-specific Hepatitis B Tests market from 2015-2028.
• Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc
Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc
Bio Manguinhos and Fiocruz
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd (Roche Diagnostics International Ltd)
Siemens Healthineers AG
United States Biological
SeraCare Life Sciences, Inc.