• Regenerative medicine is a multidisciplinary field that seeks to develop the science and tools that can help repair, augment, replace, or regenerate damaged or diseased human cells, tissues, genes, organs, or metabolic processes, to restore normal function. It may involve the transplantation of stem cells, progenitor cells, or tissue, stimulation of the body's own repair mechanisms, or the use of cells as delivery vehicles for therapeutic agents such as genes and cytokines.
• It is widely anticipated that Gene therapy is the most valuable regenerative medicine sector however, this market is also expected to be slowed down by high cost of therapies, which may limit its accessibility.
• Existing programs will facilitate the approval and development of regenerative medicines, however, a reimbursement system especially for curative therapies is warranted.
• This report assesses:
o Physician perceptions on Regenerative Medicine usage in clinical practice in the US, 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), Japan and South Korea.
o Regenerative Medicine Marketed and Pipeline products.
o Opportunities and Challenges
o Market analysis and Forecast
o Unmet Needs
o Regulation and Market Access
• The report combines information obtained from secondary sources and primary research with specialists and physicians from different therapy areas (oncology, cardiology, and ophthalmology).
GlobalData’s Regenerative Medicine in Pharma report combines primary research from a cross-specialty panel of experts with in-house analyst expertise to provide an assessment of the development landscape.
Components of the slide deck include primary and secondary research:
• Quotes from key opinion leaders and payers
• Summary of Regenerative Medicine product definitions and classifications
• Overview of key Regenerative Medicine marketed products and key pipeline Regenerative Medicine products
• Trends in Regenerative Medicine market
• Call-outs of key information and details
• Insight from GlobalData’s specialist healthcare analysts
Reasons to Buy
Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Regenerative Medicine market.
Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Regenerative Medicine market in the future.
Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
1.1 Table of Contents
1.3 Related Reports
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
3 Regenerative Medicine Overview
3.1 What is Regenerative Medicine?
3.2 History of Regenerative Medicine Development in the 8MM
3.3 Key Twitter Chat
4.1 Industry Trends
4.2 Regulatory Trends
5 Value Chain
5.1 Regenerative Medicine Value Chain
5.2 Gene-Based Medicine
5.3 Genome Editing
5.4 Cell Therapy
5.5 Tissue-Engineered Products and Biomaterials
5.6 Regenerative Medicine in Clinical Trials
6 Marketed Products
6.1 Marketed Regenerative Medicine Products in the 8MM
6.2 Leading Cell-Based Immunotherapy Treatments in the 8MM
6.3 Leading Gene Therapy Treatments in the 8MM
6.4 Leading Cell Therapy Treatments in the 8MM
6.5 Leading Tissue-Engineered Products in the 8MM
7 Pipeline Products
7.1 Regenerative Medicine Pipeline Products in the 8MM
7.2 Pipeline Products by Type and Phase
7.3 Late-Stage Gene Therapy Products, 8MM
7.4 Late-Stage Gene-Modified Cell Therapy Products, 8MM
7.5 Late-Stage Cell Therapy Products, 8MM
7.6 Late-stage Tissue-Engineered Treatments, 8MM
8 Market Analysis and Deals
8.1 Gene Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast
8.2 Cell Therapy Market Analysis and Forecast
8.3 Tissue-Engineered Products and Biomaterials Market Analysis
8.4 Top 10 Deals in the Regenerative Medicine Space
8.5 Latest Deals in the Regenerative Medicine Space
8.6 Mergers and Acquisitions: 2019–2020
8.7 Mergers and Acquisitions: 2014–2018
9 Regulatory and Market Access
9.1 Regenerative Medicine in Clinical Trials
9.2 Differences Between Conventional Therapies and Stem Cell Therapies in Clinical Trials
9.3 Regulatory – US
9.4 Market Access – US
9.5 Regulatory – Europe
9.6 Market Access – Europe
9.7 Regulation of Regenerative Medicine in the US and Europe
9.8 Regulatory and Market Access – Japan
9.9 Comparison of Early Access Schemes in the US, EU, and Japan
9.10 Regulatory and Market Access – South Korea
10 Opportunities, Challenges, and Unmet Needs
10.1 Gene Therapy – Opportunities
10.2 Gene Therapy – Challenges
10.3 Cell Therapy – Opportunities
10.4 Cell Therapy – Challenges
10.5 Tissue-Engineered Products and Biomaterials – Opportunities
10.6 Tissue-Engineered Products and Biomaterials -Challenges
10.7 Role of Regenerative Medicine in Clinical Unmet Needs – Gap Analysis
10.8 Unmet Needs in Regenerative Medicine – Gap Analysis
11.2 Astellas Pharma
11.7 Bluebird Bio
11.10 J&J (DePuy)
11.16 Sangamo Therapeutics
11.18 Smith & Nephew
13.2 Primary Research
13.3 Our thematic research methodology
13.4 About the Authors
13.5 About GlobalData
13.6 Contact Us