Hong Kong Wealth Management – High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2020
- Pages: 34
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDFS0496CI
Hong Kong's HNW investors – which is dominated by professional and earning males – have a relatively less demand for wealth management services, making Hong Kong a competitive country to operate in for wealth amanagers. A multi-service proposition will be key to mitigating the risk of HNW individuals placing their business with competing service providers. Hong Kong's HNW investors have mainly sourced their wealth from earned income while entrepreneurial income forms a smaller yet growing, source. While the largest chunk of HNW wealth is held via advisory mandates, demand for robo-advice is forecast to rise.
This report sizes the opportunity that the Hong Kong wealth market offers and analyzes the investing preferences, service requirements, and portfolio allocations of Hong Kong's HNW investors. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
– Expats constitute 28.4% of the local HNW population. They represent an attractive target market thanks to their more complex service requirements.
– Robo-advisory services are witnessing a sharp increase in demand, with 45.8% of wealth managers agreeing that traditional wealth managers will lose market share to these services in the next 12 months.
– Asset diversification is a primary aspect of the Hong Kong HNW portfolio, with equities forming the largest proportion of onshore wealth.
– Real estate is booming, with HNW individuals focusing on risk aversion – the rise of authentic real estate investment trusts will be a particularly significant game changer.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
– Enhance your marketing strategies and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ asset management style preferences.
– Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
– Develop your service proposition to match the demand expressed by Hong Kong HNW investors and react proactively to forecast changes in demand.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Investment Style Preferences
Offshore Investment Preferences
Products and Services