Julius Baer – Competitor Profile
- Pages: 34
- Published: January 2021
- Report Code: GDFS0490CA
GlobalData’s 'Julius Baer – Competitor Profile' provides a comprehensive analysis of Julius Baer's private banking and wealth management operations. It offers insights into the company’s strategy and financial performance, including key data on assets under management (AUM). Customer targeting and service propositions are covered, as are product innovation and marketing activities.
Headquartered in Zurich, Julius Baer is a Swiss private bank that provides clients with a range of wealth management services. All private banking activities are listed under Julius Baer Group Ltd.
– Julius Baer simplified its organizational structure to become more agile. Effective from January 2020, Julius Baer combined five regions serving private clients into three geographic units – Switzerland and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa; Asia Pacific; and the Americas.
– Despite the impact of COVID-19, Julius Baer’s operating revenues grew 9.9% to CHF1,851m ($2,031m) in H1 2020 compared to H2 2019, due to strong client engagement and cost-cutting measures. Net fee and commission income increased by 8% to CHF1,033m ($1,134m) driven by increased client transaction volumes, resulting in higher brokerage commissions and income from securities underwriting.
– While Julius Baer has a presence globally, Europe remains its largest market. It boasts a presence across 12 countries in the region, including its home market Switzerland. The company is also focusing on growth in Asia Pacific and the Americas by introducing new office locations, hiring additional relationship managers, and introducing e-banking services.
– The group adopted a three-year program in February 2020 to strategically expand its wealth business globally by offering enhanced wealth solutions to its clients, thereby improving overall efficiency and productivity.
– Julius Baer is investing in digital platforms for financial advisors and clients. It is continuously upgrading its digital platforms to enhance the client experience.
Reasons to buy
– Examine the financial performance, key ratios, and AUM growth of Julius Baer and its private banking business, and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers
– Understand its current strategic objectives and their impact on financial performance.
– Discover Julius Baer's key products and its client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
– Learn more about its private banking marketing strategy, social media presence, and digital innovations.
GPS Investimentos Financeiros e Participações
Siam Commercial Bank
Magnetis Gestora de Recursos
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Customers & Products
Marketing & Advertising