Singapore Wealth Management – High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2020
- Pages: 36
- Published: March 2021
- Report Code: GDFS0482CI
GlobalData’s 'Singapore Wealth Management – High Net Worth (HNW) Investors 2020' analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of Singapore's HNW individuals. It profiles HNW investors in terms of their demographics, examines the allocation of HNW investors’ portfolios, analyzes their propensity to invest offshore, and explores their product and service demand. The report is based on our proprietary Global Wealth Managers Survey.
The local HNW segment is older than their global peers, highlighting the need for wealth preservation and efficiently passing on wealth through the generations via trusts or simple inheritance planning. Other opportunities include repatriation of offshore assets and high demand for tax planning due to changes brought about by the OECD’s Common Reporting Standard. One of the main challenges is the dominance of advisory asset management, which is more time consuming than offering discretionary mandates.
– Expats constitute 32.3% of the local HNW population, representing a major part of the Singaporean resident HNW population, notably higher than the Asia Pacific regional average.
– Robo- advisory service is gaining a sharp demand 63.1% of wealth managers that service HNW investors rate the emergence of new business models such as robo-advisors as a threat.
– Capital appreciation is a primary aspect of Singaporean HNW portfolio with equities forming the largest proportion of their onshore wealth.
– Offshore portfolios are much heavier on property and alternatives and being much lighter on commodities and cash and near-cash products.
Reasons to buy
– Develop and enhance your client targeting strategies using our data on HNW profiles and sources of wealth.
– Enhance your marketing strategies and capture new clients using insights from our data on HNW investors’ asset management style preferences.
– Tailor your investment product portfolio to match the current and future demand for different asset classes among HNW individuals.
– Develop your service proposition to match the demand expressed by Singaporean HNW investors and react proactively to forecast changes in demand.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Investment Style Preferences
Products and Services