FIS – Competitor Profile
- Pages: 20
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDFS0459CA
Fidelity Information Services (FIS) is one of the leading payment and transactional service providers globally, offering end-to-end solutions covering the entire payment value chain. It offers omni-channel solutions for merchants, banks, acquirers, payment services providers, businesses, and governments. FIS offers its services in 146 countries, supporting over 300 payment methods and 126 currencies.
FIS operates through three business segments: Merchant Solutions, Banking Services, and Capital Market Solutions, offering acquiring and processing, core banking, digital solutions, wealth and asset management solutions, and retirement and insurance solutions.
It has made several acquisitions of complementary businesses, which has helped the company stay competitive in the market. In October 2014, FIS acquired Clear2Pay, a provider of banking and payments technology solutions, enabling FIS to expand its portfolio with new corporate payment solutions and services. And in July 2019 it acquired Worldpay for a consideration of $43bn – one of the biggest-ever deals in the payments space. As a result of this acquisition, FIS significantly expanded its international presence to offer merchant acquiring services outside of the US, including in the UK and the EU.
The report provides information and insights into FIS including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance
– The company's important events and milestones
– In 1968, FIS was founded as Systematics Inc.
– In 1990, Alltel Information Services (AIS) acquired Systematics Inc.
– In April 2003, Fidelity National Financial acquired AIS and rebranded it as Fidelity Information Services.
– In July 2020, FIS launched Ethos, a data ecosystem that provides data insights and a unified view of client data across multiple channels for financial institutions.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into FIS' business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Competitor Analysis of Regional & Global Acquirers
Products & Services