CaixaBank – Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
- Pages: 20
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDFS0439CA
CaixaBank is a provider of banking, asset management, insurance, and investment solutions to individuals, SMEs, and corporate customers. It offers deposit services, credit and debit cards, and lending solutions for mortgages, auto purchase, real estate, education, personal needs, and asset and project financing. The bank also provides investment funds; pension plans; life and non-life insurance; and investments in equities, bonds, derivatives, and mutual funds. CaixaBank's service portfolio includes cash management, international banking, internet and mobile banking, collection and payment solutions, private banking, investment planning, mergers and acquisitions, and external trade services. It has operations in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Americas, the Middle East, and Africa.
CaixaBank’s 2019-21 strategic plan aims to accelerate the group’s digital transformation and help it become more efficient. The bank aims to have 70% of its customers go digital by 2021.
CaixaBank is utilizing technologies including blockchain, AI and machine learning, cybersecurity, biometrics, mobile, the cloud, big data, and online and mobile payments to improve the customer experience with digitalization.
In 2020, CaixaBank developed a risk classification model using quantum computing.
In 2020, the bank launched blockchain-based trade finance platform we.trade for business clients.
The bank has deployed ATMs with facial recognition technology in Spain.
This report provides insights into CaixaBank’s fintech activities, including its digital transformation strategies, innovation programs, technology initiatives, investments, estimated ICT budget, and major ICT contracts.
– In 2020, CaixaBank launched research consortium TRAPEZE (Transparency, Privacy, and Security for European Citizens).
– CaixaBank's accelerator, incubator, and innovation programs include DayOne, we.trade, Matchi, Payment Innovation Hub, and the IBM-CaixaBank Digital Innovation Center.
– CaixaBank's current ICT contracts are with vendors Fujitsu, IBM, and Devoteam.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into CaixaBank's fintech operations.
– Gain insights into its fintech strategies and innovation initiatives.
– Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
– Gain insights into its various technology introductions, adoptions, and partnerships.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Digital Transformation Strategy
Accelerators, Incubators, & Other Innovation Programs
Partnership Network Map
ICT Budgets & Contracts