Hong Kong PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 44
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDER0052
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 30.6% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2019, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (25.4%) and transport, storage and communication (9.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to shrink by -3.1%, -4.27% and -5.5%, respectively, in 2020.
The overall Hang Seng Index exhibited a downward trend over the past year. As of August 24, 2020, the Hang Seng index stood at 25,551.58 compared to 26,179.33 on August, 2019.
The major regions of Hong Kong are Hong Kong Island and Kowloon, where most of the economic activity and population is concentrated.
– Hong Kong’s government is expected to invest HK$1tn (US$127.6bn) over 2019-2028 to boost the city’s competitiveness.
– As per the World Bank's Logistics Performance Index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Hong Kong has declined over the last two years, with a fall in rank from ninth in 2016 to 12th out of 160 countries in 2018.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Hong Kong’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Hang Seng Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 6: Total FDI Stock (Q1 2015-Q4 2018) and FDI Stock by Sector (2015-2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country (2015-2017) and Share of FDI Stock by Country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2019)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2015-2019)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2015-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2019)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % of World Total (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (July 2015- July 2020)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 17: General Government Net Borrowing/Lending (2015-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2015-2019)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2015-2019)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2015-2022f)
Exhibit 22: Age Dependency Ratio (2015-2019)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025f)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025f)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2019)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2019)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2019 or Latest Available Year)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Hong Kong 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2019)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2014-2019)