PESTLE Insights: Macroeconomic Outlook Report – Greece
- Pages: 41
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: GDER0051
Attiki and Voreia Ellada contributed 69.5% of the nation’s GDP and 63.7% of the total population in 2017. Germany was the highest investing country in 2017. Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 25.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (17.3%). However, financial intermediation, real estate and business activities sector, and wholesale, retail and hotels sector are expected to grow by 2.6% and 2.9% respectively in 2019.
– As per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Greece improved over the last two years. The country’s worldwide rank rose from 47th in 2016 to 42nd in 2018.
– Greece is expected to receive EUR1.3 bn (US$1.5 bn) from EU by 2020 for the completion of ongoing infrastructure projects
– Overall, the Athens Stock Exchange General Index exhibits a downward trend over the last one year. As of April 18th 2019, the index stood at 778.4, compared to 842.3 on April 18th, 2018.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Greece’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Athens Stock Exchange General Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 6: Net FDI Stock (2010-2017) and FDI Stock by Sector (2014-2017)
Exhibit 7: FDI Stock by Countries (2014-2017) and Share of FDI (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2015-2018
Exhibit 14: Mineral Fuels, Oils and its Products, 2018
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (January 2012- April 2019)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation Rate (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2014-2021f)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1990, 2000, 2010, 2020)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports) 2017
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Greece 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2018
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2012-2017)