Bulgaria PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 45
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDER0043
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 25.6%, followed by mining, manufacturing and utilities (23.1%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (17.3%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, as per GlobalData.
Sofia, Plovdiv and Burgas contributed 56.7% of the country’s GDP and were home to 34.7% of the Bulgarian population as of 2020
– The European region accounted for the largest share of the FDI stock in Bulgaria in 2020
– The overall SOFIX index exhibited a rising trend over last year. As of April 5, 2021, the SOFIX index stood at 499.98, compared to 423.34 on April 5, 2020.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Bulgaria’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Eastern Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: SOFIX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 6: Net FDI Inflows (2015-2020) and FDI by Sector (2020)
Exhibit 7: Net FDI Inflows by Country and Share of FDI Stock by Country (2020)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators (2019)
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020e)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2019)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % of Total Exports (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (April 2020 – April 2021)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 17: General Government Deficit (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2016-2019)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2016-2019)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2020)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2020)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports, % of Manufactured Exports (2019)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Bulgaria 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perceptions Index (Rankings) (2020)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2016-2019)