Romania PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 45
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDER0040
Mining, manufacturing, and utilities contributed 25.2% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities with 20.3%, according to GlobalData.
Bucuresti-Ilfov, Sud-Muntenia, Nord-Vest and Centru contributed 62.43% to the country's GDP and comprised 52.10% of Romania's population in 2019
In 2019, the Netherlands was the source of the highest share of FDI stock in Romania and the Bucharest-Ilfov region received the most investment.
– Romania has allocated a budget of EUR17bn (US$19.31bn) during the period 2021-2027 to improve the country's transport infrastructure
– The overall Bucharest BET Index exhibited an increase over the last year. As of April 5, 2021, the BET index stood at 11,302.27, compared to 7,525.60 on April 5, 2020.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
Recovery from COVID-19 crisis
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Romania's Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Eastern Europe and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Bucharest Exchange Trading Index (BETI)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors' Contribution to the Economy (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 6: International Investment Position (2019 Q4-2020 Q4) and FDI Net Flows by Component (2016-2019)
Exhibit 7: FDI by Country of Origin, Recipient Region and FDI by Main Economic Activity, (2019)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2020)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipments, % of World Total (2020)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (March 2016 – March 2021)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 17: General Government Net Lending/Borrowing (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment Rate (2016-2023ff)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index (2016-2019)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2020)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2020)
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of Manufactured Exports) (2019)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Romania (2020)
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2020)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2016-2019)