China PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 46
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDER0038
Services contributed 53.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities with 32.1%, as per the estimations of GlobalData. The two sectors grew by 4% and 1.9%, respectively in 2020.
The two sectors are forecast to grow by 10.8% and 8.64% respectively in 2021.
Eastern China accounts for most of the provincial GDP. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Guangdong are the major cities of Eastern China. Better sea connectivity has boosted manufacturing in these cities
– FDI inflow rose to highest in five years despite the disruptions from COVID-19
– The Shanghai SE Composite Index, widely considered a benchmark of the overall performance of stocks listed in the Shanghai stock market, has exhibited a growth in the past 12 months. As of March 8, 2021, the Index stood at 3,421.4, compared to 3,034.5 on March 8, 2020.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
Recovery from COVID-19 crisis
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: China’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: China Stock Market (SHCOMP Index)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI FLOWS (2016-2019) AND FDI STOCK (2005-2019)
Exhibit 7: Greenfield Investments inflows and outflows (2017-2019), and Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions (2017-2019)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020e)
Exhibit 11: Exports and Imports, Percentage change (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2016-2019
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof, % Share in World’s Total (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates, 2016-2020e
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 17: Public Finance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 19: Unemployment, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2016-2019
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index, 2016-2019
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population- 1995, 2005, 2015, 2025
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population- 1995, 2005, 2015, 2025
Exhibit 24: Gender Split – 1995, 2005, 2015, 2025
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2020e
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2020e
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2019
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in China 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2020
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions, 2016-2019