Vietnam PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 45
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDER0034
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 33.2% to Vietnam’s gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (16.1%) and financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (13.0%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are forecasted to grow by 11.8%, 11.4%, and 11.2%, respectively, in 2021.
Red River Delta, Northern Central and Central Coastal Area, and Mekong River Delta regions are the key economic regions in Vietnam. 62.31% of the Vietnamese population lives in these regions as of 2019
– Foreign direct investment inflows to Vietnam decreased to US$28.5bn in 2020 due to the pandemic
– The Ho Chi Minh index has been on an increasing trend since April 2020. As of April 5, 2021, the Ho Chi Minh index stood at 1,236.54, compared to 701.8, on April 5, 2021.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Vietnam’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Vietnam Ho Chi Minh Stock Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI inflows (2016-2020) and FDI by Industry (2019)
Exhibit 7: Inward FDI stock by country of origin and recipient region (2019)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020e)
Exhibit 11: Exports and Imports, Percentage change (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2016-2019
Exhibit 14: Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof , % Share in World’s Total (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (July 2017-March 2021)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 17: Public Finance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 19: Unemployment, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2016-2019
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index, 2016-2019
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population- 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population- 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 24: Gender Split – 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2020e
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2020e
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2019
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in China 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2020
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions, 2016-2019