Iran PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 43
- Published: July 2021
- Report Code: GDER0024
Mining, manufacturing and utilities activity contributed 32.7% to the country’s gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activity (15.2%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (14.7%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are forecasted to grow by 27.0%, 28.1% and 27.2%, respectively in 2021.
Tehran generated around 15.57% of Iran’s GDP and was home to 16.64% of the country’s population, as of 2020.
The Tehran Stock Exchange index has exhibited an upward trend over the past year. As of May 11, 2021, the TEPIX Index stood at 1,301,245.0, compared to 1,047,763.19 on May 11, 2020.
– China plans to invest US$400bn in Iran’s ports, railways, health care and information technology sectors, over the next 25 years.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
Recovery of Economy from COVID-19 crisis
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Iran’s Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to the Middle East and North Africa and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: TEPIX Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 6: FDI flows (2016-2020) and Greenfield Investment (2015-2019)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020)
Exhibit 10: Exports and Imports Volume Growth (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2017-2020)
Exhibit 13: Mineral Fuels, Mineral Oils and Products of Their Distillation, % Share of the World’s Total (2018)
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates (May 2016-May 2021)
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 16: Public Finance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 20: Male and Female Share in Labor Force (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Gender Split (2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2020)
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2020)
Exhibit 26: High-Technology Exports (% Of Manufactured Exports) (2019)
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Iran 2020
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) (2020)
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions (2016-2019)