Philippines PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 46
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDER0009
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 22.0% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (21.0%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (18.3%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 6.9%, 10.6% and 10.7%, respectively, in 2021.
Four major regions in the Philippines generated around 63.5% of the country’s GDP and were home to 46.1% of the country’s population in 2020.
– Japan invested the most in the Philippines in 2020
– The PSEi index exhibited an upward trend over the past year. As of May 11, 2021, the PSEi index stood at 6,326.8, compared to 5,667.9 on May 11, 2020.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did You Know?
The Economy’s Recovery from the COVID-19 Crisis
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: The Philippines’ Performance in terms of its Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Asia-Pacific and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights Behind the Index
Exhibit 4: The Philippines Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors’ Contribution to the Economy (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 6: FDI Flows in the Philippines (January 2019-February 2021) and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016-2020)
Exhibit 7: Investment Inflows by Country and International Investment Position (2016-2020)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020)
Exhibit 11: Exports and Imports Volume Growth (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports (2016-2019)
Exhibit 14: Electrical Machinery and Equipment, % Share of World’s Total Exports (2019)
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates (April 2016 – April 2021)
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 17: Public Finance (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 19: Unemployment (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages (2015-2023f)
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index (2016-2019)
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 24: Gender Split (1995, 2005, 2015, 2025)
Exhibit 25: Internet Users as a Percentage of the Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate (2020)
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Million Population (2020)
Exhibit 27: High-Technology Exports, % Of Manufactured Exports (2019)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Norway 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perceptions Index (Rankings) (2020)
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions (2016-2019)