Russia PESTLE Insights – A Macroeconomic Outlook Report
- Pages: 46
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDER0003
Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 29.9% to Russia’s gross value added (GVA) in 2020, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (17.8%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (14.6%). In nominal terms, the three sectors are forecast to grow by 10.7%, 4.8% and 3.2%, respectively in 2021.
Metropolitan areas of Moscow and Saint Petersburg account for nearly 20% of Russia’s population and 35.7% of its GDP in 2020, according to GlobalData
– According to World Bank's Logistics Performance Index (LPI), Russia improved its transport and logistic infrastructure rank from 99th in 2016 to 75th in 2018 out of 160 countries.
– The overall IMOEX index has recorded an upward trend over the past year. As of April 14, 2021, the Moscow Stock Market Index – IMOEX stood at 3,526.3 compared to 2,631.8 on April 14, 2020.
Reasons to buy
– Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
– PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
– Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
– This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
List of Exhibits
Did you Know?
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Russia’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Western Europe and the World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Russia Stock Market
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows in Russia (Q32019-Q32020) and FDI by Sector (2020Q1-2020Q3)
Exhibit 7: FDI inflows by country (2014-2019) and by share (2019)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2020e)
Exhibit 11: Exports and Imports, Percentage change (2016-2023f)
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2016-2019
Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % of World Total, 2019
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates, 2016-2020
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate and Inflation, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 17: Public Finance, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 19: Unemployment, 2016-2023f
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages, 2016-2019
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index, 2016-2019
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population- 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 23: Age-group Share of Total Population- 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 24: Gender Split – 1995,2005,2015,2025
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2020e
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per Mn population, 2020e
Exhibit 27: High-technology Exports (% of manufactured exports), 2019
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Russia 2020
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2020
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions, 2016-19